Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Life costs per second

With my current investigtions and spreadsheet it occured to me I could quite easily calculate what my life costs me per second nowadays. Turns out, my current yearly budget (in which I am trying to get out of debt and without saving really anything) my life right now costs me 0,107 cent every second. Even though that sounds like hardly anything, this adds up to 6 cents a minute; 3,86 an hour (still seems like nothing) yet this ups to an mindblowing 92,66 per day!

With me glued to my screen for the past tho days reading a very interesting blog of a man capable of living of only around 500 a month, paid through rents he gets paid from property he bought after a couple of years of hard labour and frugal living while only somehere in his mid twenties this makes me very, very aware of the fact that I, at 33 right now and still only paying of a debt and hardly saving, am ages behind.


500 a month means he is down to 16,44 a day which means I need to seriously take more action towards my spendings.

What actually did more to me is the fact his blog is near poetical and highly philosophical.
Somewhere between the lines it hit me. I am the only person that has a choice in which way my life is going to look like. The burden on my shoulders of debt and financial dependence on work makes me feel grumpy and depressed. I think my headache that is bullying me the last week comes from somewhere deep inside my soul and is trying to bet the living shit out of me to wake me up.

To be honest, at this moment in time I've got absolutely no clue for whom I'm living my life at this moment. That's not a complaint or anything, it's just the plain truth of me being confronted with my own soul. This can't go on like this. The major thing with my current plan is that it's very well capable of getting me out of debt way sooner than than planned, but my current lifestyle costs me a vastly amount of money. Just reducing debts and saving from there on isn't going to be enough because it'll only get me to save just over 25% of my net income from than on. Damn. This just hits me right now and I'm not sure what this will mean for my plans, but I really am just beginning to see the edges of the bigger picture and the risks of my current lifestyle.

Changes have to be made; budget has to be relocated and I have to start grinding my way through the next couple of years just for the sake of my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment