Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Damn those loans

As you could all see in my monthly expenses, I also have a student loan. I didn't pay that much attention to it since it's a fraction of my long term loan and interest is fairly low.

Yet, it still is a form of debt and I really would love to get rid of that one, too by the end of next year.

Luckily for me, there is a possibility to do so! This week, we heard there was going to be a raise. It's a fair 3% and that would leave me with enough breathing space to create an 'emergency fund' and double up my student loan down-payments.

Here are some figures...





 

As you can see, interest is at an all time low (0,01% to be exactly). That's because student loans in this country are a government loan. I think it's not as easy being a student right now, but for me when I studied, these where the terms. So, even though this is not a big loan, it still is something I would like to get rid of by the end of next year, without me now bulging up my emergency fund and spending that money on my loan. 

Doubling up is easy to do with the current raise, and by doubling up the down-payments, I've only got 17 months to go before I'm relieved. Pretty nifty, lucky me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment