Monday, September 19, 2016

Mileage

Recently I had to fill up my gastank for the second time since I had my 'new' car. 

For me, this was an important moment since now I could officially calculate my mileage. I knew this car would be a lot cheaper than the good old Volvo, but I didn't expect this kind of numbers. With 604 kilometers driven I had to fill her up with just over 30 litres (30,34 to be exact). It was under 30 but I just had to give it an extra squeeze. This means 19,90 kilometers to a litre, which is absolutely amazing!!

Since I am really happy with my little go-kart-with-a-roof I had it's distribution belt changed today. The last known date was 11 years ago and the thing needs to be done every 90K kilometers or every 5 years. Since I don't want the engine to crash, this was a good time for it. Even though the 11 year old belt seemed like it could take another year or so I am happy to have it done and drive without having to wonder whether she's gonna crack or not.

Of course I still feel silly sometimes. In my street are a couple of bars with mostly people who see their BMW's and Mercedes's as a status symbol and I know how they think of my mini mobile. But those feelings mostly last until I drive around the corner in my street cause all I can think about then is my mileage and my to-laugh-over road taxes.

I can now pay all the regular costs (taxes and insurance) for less than I used to pay car-tax for monthly. So even though owning no car at all might be the best solution ever; this step for now feels like I'm driving for free.

Let's hope she won't let me down and will drive me around for a lot of kilometers!

No comments:

Post a Comment