Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Possessions taking possession of me

Since a while I'm trying to declutter. And guess what... the more I look around me the less I feel like I really need al this stuff.

It doesn't make me any happier at all, it just stands around keeping me from being able to move in a day if I wanted.

I have got no clue where this thought came from, but I think it has everything to do with me trying to let go of my old patterns and me feeling stuck in life and the never ending circle sleep-eat-work-repeat. I was looking for myself in my mindfulness courses the past two years, and all I can see now is all the little patterns that I set up for myself to feel safe or needed or wanted or whatever. 

It's time to let go of all of my habits and for some reason owning less and less stuff makes perfect sense to me right now.

Biggest thing I am encountering the last few months is that the energy I used to get from playing drums is almost completely gone now. I just feel like I want to explore new things. See what else is out there. My patterns of the last 33 years brought me here and feel somewhat destructive lately. I think all I ever wanted is just to be free, yet with me trying to cope with life here I managed to get myself pretty stuck.

Time for change, time for trying things on my own terms.

I've got no clue where this is going, but more and more I start to feel that the time we get here on this planet is the most precious gift of life, and wasting it by working 70% of the time just doesn't seem worth it. What if I don't need any money at all? Or can survive of the littlest bit of it?

I've read some stories of people who are actually making it happen already and they inspire me a lot...

Maybe I've been trying to be the wrong me all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment