Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Breathe

Breathe in and out. It's as simple as that, and if you don't, you die. But I discovered there's a very bad habit I made my own which is not helping me...I have noticed this before, and as I come to think of it, when I was little a family member told me this once, but it took until now to take this seriously. I tend to hold my breath when I'm doing [anything]. And I link this very, very close to feeling freakin' restless throughout the day. And, even though I'm known to look anything I want to know up on the internet, I actually didn't for this particular thing.

It's quite interesting, because there are a couple of websites that have more information on the subject. And while creating those links I once again noticed... I held my breath.

It's apparently a very old natural thing, when we focus, we hold our breath (like when we are in danger, or when we happen to be hunting for prey, like a mammoth, which I normally only do in the weekends). But since we're I'm hyper focussed all day long with our my devices and work and everything, our my body feels in constant distress and for the better, this needs to change.

I actually strongly believe that this is causing me more trouble than I can imagine at the moment. For starters, I more or less feel rushed all day. When it's time to make a coffee, I do this in a sort of rush, like I'm being chased or like I've got a train to catch. When I make lunch? The same. When I make dinner? The same. When I type here? The same! I don't really notice it when working, but that is most likely because that's when I create this burden.

All this makes me feel quite restless when eating diner. Then, I restlessly (hey, that's a word, who would have thought...) seek a movie/book/blog to read and then I find the need to calm myself down before going to sleep, which is hard, which I now understand, because over twelve hours of bad behaviour can't be made up for in half an hour of yoga and meditation.

So in an attempt to find out how I want to live (the magical goal #8) I guess I need to investigate this further and find a way how to improve my overall breathing. Who would have thought, thirty-seven years on this planet and now I've got to find out how to breathe. In and out... I really need to don't forget the out anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment