Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Going for IT

I got accepted into a 5 month full-time study program which allegedly delivers me to the employment market as a junior software engineer.

This started with six weeks of programming, databases and more programming with some tests and a go/nogo decision after those first six weeks.

I'm loving it thus far. We're in week six and my average grade is a 9.7 (I guess A+-ish in some parts of the world). So I guess I've got a feeling for this.

It feels great doing something I'm capable of understanding from the beginning to he end and back and I'm having a lot of fun programming and being in contact with fun people who also love doing this.

So strange how quick things can change. My last working day at my not-so-challenging latest job was on august 28, a day short of six weeks ago, yet it feels months and months ago.

I have got no clue whether or not I will like this job for ever and always, but for now it's quite enjoyable, there's lots and lots to learn and I'm in the comfortable position I will be employed for at least a year after this five month period of study ends.

True, I'll be making less money then I did (about a quarter less gross) and this five months having no employment will for sure drain most of my so carefully saved up savings, but in the end I imagine this step to be a lot more challenging and fun. Let's find out if taking a pay-cut to do something you enjoy more really is as fulfilling as some people say it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment