Sunday, November 20, 2016

40 days to freedom... and then what?

The timer on the right tells me I'm 40 days away from freedom. At least, freedom of debt. Nothing to do about it anymore, it can't go any faster (and why should it?) and it's nearly impossible do be done any later.

Basically, with reaching my goal, I've been wondering what do do next. I feel like I'm pretty comfortable with living below my means, so I am not too worried I won't save a lot of money the upcoming year. What I'm wondering about now is what drives me. What is my deeply intrinsic motivation in life. I am feeling a bit lost there.

I've recently picked up a new course in self-leadership from non dual perspective, I hope this will bring me closer to what really inspires me. It's not that I can't come up with things to do; I can think of hundreds of things to do, but all of those things don't seem to really touch me or give me energy anymore. And that feels somewhat depressing yet at the same time like the moment in my life to go and look  deeper into my own self. Why do I do what I do and what happens when I let go of all the things I used to do?

I begin to believe life is fluid, is organic. It's the way we people tend to try and manipulate everything that really creates our suffering. We tend to want to keep what feels nice and to push away what we don't like, and it's the struggle, the fight, that drains my energy. I think next year is all about discovering. Discovering life, discovering the world, discovering a feeling of more freedom. I know money and freedom seem to relate and I do know that I'm still trapped in the same constraint there, with me dealing with my debt this year and wanting to create a buffer next year. Just read the moneyless manifesto or follow Rob Greenfield to see how terribly wrong our whole education on 'Money Is A Must' is.

Anyway. To continue this story, I'm thinking of monthly challenges (in what way so ever, since everything new an become a new, positive, habit) and of course I'm hoping to save 50% of my net income. So in stead of struggling for freedom, I will be surfing in freedom. Or something like that.

Any ideas for a challenge? I'm already taking cold showers since May this year on one side and on the other side I'm hopelessly failing to get up early... maybe you know any life changing habits I can try?

No comments:

Post a Comment