Thursday, April 14, 2016

Done with it.

I’ve closely monitored my emotional, physical, working and financial situation and I’m done with it. And to be honest, I’m also done with being done with it. It lacks productivity, motivation and gets me nowhere. So no more complaining and time for change. I’ve come to realize that I lack goals in my life at this moment and the lack of a goal makes me be lazy, unproductive, feeling down and wanting to sleep all day. Heading towards a bored-out you could say, with some serious aspects in my life that need attention. No more hiding my head in the sand, but time to pick myself up, dust myself of and give myself the highly demanded ‘kick-under-the-butt’ forward. 

 
Lack of a goal is something that keeps me busy a while now. The harder I think of what I should do with my life and what my purpose in this life is, the more stuck I get and the harder it is to stop wondering around the internet in all the possibilities life has to offer. Struggling around the internet finding your purpose is possibly the worst thing to do, since it will only show you the success and pep-talks of other people (most likely repeating pep-talks and oneliners from other people) and is the absolute BEST way to not getting anything done ALL day. The internet never stops. It’s like the ever ongoing expansion of the universe, there will be something new out there every day, yet you will never get there by gazing through a telescope or watching it happen on your computer(*) screen. 

So. Why not make my lack of a goal a perfect opportunity to set some small goals for improving my personal situation? Perhaps a nice life goal comes by while doing so. Chances are way bigger out there than in here sitting on a couch or laying in bed. 

So. If these four aspects are important in life (just read any self-improvement book or take any self-improvement course and distil them from there): Health (emotional and fysical), financial, work and relationships. And, as I learned recently, one of the theories on this is if you give yourself grades for these four aspects, not the average, yet the lowest score is your overall life score! Turns out I score a wonderfull 2 on a scale of 10. Great! Now is the time to change, my life is my own responsibility, blah blah, so here we go. 

Goal#1: get up at 6:30 every workday morning, shower and meditate 
Goal#2: redeem myself from the financial neck chain called personal loan 
Goal#3: get on my bike and take it for the ride to work at least 3 working days a week 

(*)mobile- tablet- smartwatch- laptop- microwave-

No comments:

Post a Comment